Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet-Sixteen, Korean style? Help.

I feel like making a really elegant, chic, minimalist wedding cake. Simple yet precise royal icing work, smooth outlines, maybe some detailed floral lace effect. A project that would take at least two days to make. That's what I feel like working on. That's what I want to focus on.

Instead, I get asked to make cake for a sweet-sixteen birthday - with a korean theme! Oh the joy. I'm intrigued by the idea nevertheless, I have no idea where I'm going to start (suggestions are more than welcome). All I know is that the birthday girl likes all things korean, the language, the entertainment, korean movie stars etc... Let's see where this takes me. It needs to be ready for Tuesday, so I will update soon after.

I'll leave with a bright & cheerful photo of one of my latest creations.

3 comments:

  1. I would imagine that a big Korean Flag would be great, with other things on it. Can you pipe kimchi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flag, yes ok. Kimchi, not so sure about. Hmm...I'm thinking of making a collage out of different photos of various Korean arts etc.
    Still not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait, where is it????????

    ReplyDelete